How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2255
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When an uncle is gifting a site to a niece to build a house

Customer Question

When an uncle is gifting a site to a niece to build a house what does the niece need to do to ensure everything is legal.Does she need to pay tax on property ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 11 months ago.

There is a tax events for both the niece and Uncle.

She will be liable for CAT Capital acquisitions tax if the value of the site is in excess of €32,500.00. This is calculated at 33% She will also need to pay stamp duty at 2% of the value of the land (Non residential stamp duty rate)

The Uncle will be liable CGT (Capital Gains Tax) of 33%

You will need a solicitor to prepare the relevant paperwork also for the transfer