How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10624
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get garda to speak to my ex? I have a 4 year old child

Customer Question

Can I get garda to speak to my ex?
I have a 4 year old child with my ex. Our son has fairly severe autism.. He's non verbal. His father has never really been involved in his life. Last few months he has been seeing me and another lady. I've told this lady. Now he's threatening me. He has used physical force on me. Majority of it is verbal. Im just very concerned he lives half km away i meet him quiet regularly. I feel very intimitadated by him and his family.. Would I be able to speak to the garda n get them to have a chat with him ask him leave us alone. Would my concerns be taken serious or would it be seen as an issue between the 2 of us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To add to that I walk with my son in the buggy and on a few occasions him or members of his family have stopped and shouted abuse at me. Or they have driven in what i would feel too close to me and the buggy. I have spoken to my gp she advised at this stage to speak to the garda
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I would definitely advise you to get the Gardai to speak to your ex as his behaviour is intolerable and needs to be reigned in. The Gardai handle these matters in a sensitive manner, mindful of the personal relationships involved and the fact that your child needs contact with his father. However, it is also important that you don't get intimidated by your ex's behaviour and the behaviour of his family. So, get the Gardai to have a word with him. Only good will come of it.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. The Gardai will take your concerns seriously. Whilst most Garda stations now have a Domestic Liasison Officer who is in charge of dealing with disputes of a domestic nature, you can explain the situation to the Gardai and get the right result from the Gardai having a word with your ex. Ultimately, what is going on, should not continue. So, do get the Gardai to speak with your ex.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Accept or Rate the Answer, Catherine, as unless you do so your Expert does not receive payment for answering your question.