Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland Law Questions Answered by Experts

Republic of Ireland Law

I recently found an empty and enquired about it at the

Customer Question
Hi I recently found an...
Hi I recently found an empty and enquired about it at the registry of Deeds. I learned that the house's last transaction (I think that;s the term) dated back to the 1978. Since then the house has been empty. I would like to know if I can claim it on the basis of adverse possesion Thank you
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Well this is around dublin 3 Ireland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well so far when I enquired nobody claimed it even the solicitors of that time past away because their address is not found anywhere on the internet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes if I wanted to retain the service of as lawyer how much will that cost and whether I can claim this house on the basis of adverse possession. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
9/17/2016
Solicitor: Ronan, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
No, you can't. First of all you must be in occupation of the property exclusively, adverse to the registered owners interest for a period of least 12 years.
Ronan
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor