How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EULawyer Your Own Question
EULawyer, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 267
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
EULawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to visit my mother in her house, I can not go to

Customer Question

I want to visit my mother in her house , I can not go to house as I have a Sister whp wont let me in and is very violent towards me. I use to meet Mam in the Pub on a Saturday afternoon[I am not a drinker] when she was ill and in Hospital I stayed over night with her. My Sister wont bring my Mam out as she does not want her meeting me. I was thinking about ward of court for Mam. No I don't want her ending up in Nursing home,
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: House is rented from County Council in Kildare Ireland.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing from Courts
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible if I can make my Mam a ward of court, can she live with me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question. I am very sorry for your situation.

You may wish to consider contacting the Elder Abuse Service. Contacts are here ( They may be able to help / mediate the relationship with your sister and your visitation options in a non-conflictual manner.

If you do wish to apply for your Mother to be a Ward of the court, then the answer is yes, of course she can live with you. The nursing home option is considered a secondary alternative. As long as a close relative is available and willing to care for a person, the court will not consider sending her to a nursing home.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.


Dr I L Vlad