EULawyer
EULawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Titular Attorney (Avocat) at Ioan-Luca Vlad Law Office
84559455

I want to visit my mother in her house, I can not go to

Customer Question

I want to visit my mother in her house , I can not go to house as I have a Sister whp wont let me in and is very violent towards me. I use to meet Mam in the Pub on a Saturday afternoon[I am not a drinker] when she was ill and in Hospital I stayed over night with her. My Sister wont bring my Mam out as she does not want her meeting me. I was thinking about ward of court for Mam. No I don't want her ending up in Nursing home,
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: House is rented from County Council in Kildare Ireland.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing from Courts
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible if I can make my Mam a ward of court, can she live with me
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
As your European Law expert, I am reviewing your question and will try to find a good answer for you.

Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question. I am very sorry for your situation.

You may wish to consider contacting the Elder Abuse Service. Contacts are here (http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/problems_in_marriages_and_other_relationships/elder_abuse.html). They may be able to help / mediate the relationship with your sister and your visitation options in a non-conflictual manner.

If you do wish to apply for your Mother to be a Ward of the court, then the answer is yes, of course she can live with you. The nursing home option is considered a secondary alternative. As long as a close relative is available and willing to care for a person, the court will not consider sending her to a nursing home.

I hope my answer was useful and look forward to your rating, which is essential to my activity.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad