How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2234
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was employed in the public sector by Teagasc for 2 yrs

Customer Question

I was employed in the public sector by Teagasc for 2 yrs from 2008 -2010 in which I earned to pay increments.
My contract wasn't renewed due to cut backs in public sector.
However I was offered a position with Teagasc again last month. When I contacted HR she said I would be starting as New Entrant at the bottom of the pay scale and my 2 increments are lost dhe to the facr I'm more than 26wks out of the public sector. Pay Superannuation act 2004.
I have told her that I can't be treated as a New Entrant as paragraph 5 states that if I'm 're employed for the same position then I can't be classed as a new entrant.
Do I have any grounds to change this ???
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, which I will be happy to assist you with.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Please can you tell me if you are based in the UK as I can advise you on English law? Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Based in Ireland Ben.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for confirming this. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Many thanks