How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person is not occupying their property or hasnt done in

Customer Question

If a person is not occupying their property or hasnt done in years can some one who has been using it claim adverse possession. Owner not home on property since 1999. Freind using it to farm since 2008.Have fotos of animals on land and everything.. Asking for a friend
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
They can, but they would need to have at least 12 years occupation adverse to the registered owners interest in order to defeat their claim to the land.
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
The occupation of the land must be overt and obvious