How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10528
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am now paying the loan off in full by transfer into the

Customer Question

hi, i am now paying the loan off in full by transfer into the mortgage account. i will notify the receiver that the loan he is appointed to has been redeemed. Who discharges the receiver, may I? To whom does he pass the deeds?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

1. You are very foolish attempting to do things like this. I advised you to use a solicitor so that you tie down the situation before you part with your money. There is an old adage that "A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client". It is for this reason I have advised you to use a solicitor. If you simply pay yourmoney into the mortgage account, the receiver and bank will simply laugh and say "Thank you!". You cannot discharge the receiver. The bank needs to discharge its agent, the receiver.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

2. There is no longer such thing as deeds. So you don't know the difference as to what happens in this situation. It is for this reason, you should get some assistance. However, if you are intent on doing it yourself, you should at least learn how not to do it!

Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.