How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10587
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in a City Council house. Due to the intentional and

Customer Question

We live in a Dublin City Council house. Due to the intentional and dangerous negligence of their maintenance on our home I am suing them. I have a previous summons for the high court naming Dublin City Council as the defendants for a personal injury l sustained which is ongoing, while l was working on their premises. What l would like to know is that can l serve this summons on them and add their intentional and dangerous negligence as a personal injury to that summons and the judge will decide, or do l need a criminal Solicitor.
Kind regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****e, you need to issue a fresh summons against dublin City Council for the intentional and dangerous negligence on your home, as this is a separate matter from the personal injury action. It would only be appropriate to have the two actions on one Summons if they related to the same matter. Here, as there are separate causes of action concerning two different things, you need to issue fresh legal proceedings to deal with this new issue. You can get the same solicitor to issue the fresh Summons, or you can get a different solicitor.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Be aware that there are separate lists in the High Court for personal injury actions and for actions relating to the home. This is because the causes of action are very different. So here, you should get fresh legal proceedings issued.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.