Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

There,I git pulled over by a Garda yesterday, with the

Customer Question

Hi there,I git pulled over by a Garda yesterday, with the attitude of a bulldog! He said I was speeding and he was in an unmarked car.He said he has no gun or anything to show my speed etc He said I can pay the fine and get the points or he will see me in court where he will be giving evidence that I was speeding.Although - it's his word only!What do you think of this?Can he do this?Will i challenge it?Mike
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can certainly challenge him if you so wish. He will not be able to give evidence as to your speed as he had no device to record it. So he is essentially guessing as to what speed you were travelling which I think would raise sufficient reasonable doubt and the Judge will strike it out