Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

My name is ***** *****. I work in Wicklow and today I was

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I work in Wicklow and today I was told that I am being suspended for one day due to a work error involving 9 people. I wasn't given any formal warnings and have yet to be given a suspension letter. I don't know what my rights are since I don't have a signed contract and have only been working there for 7 months.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Without going into too much detail I supplied a technical spec instructions to the factory where I work including a proof and some sample for colour match. The spec was correct and I was told the sample were only for colour match since I had started this job. The job was misprinted and the employees on the factory floor made the product incorrectly. I was not told that the samples were for anything other than for colour reference. What I am not sure about is if I should have been given a written warning instead of dismissal? Mistakes like these happen in our work place a number of times but this is the first case of suspension for something similar to this.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Do you admit you made an error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but a minor one which doesn't warrant suspension
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
sorry I just realised you are in ROI, as I am in UK I cannot advise so will open this up to our ROI lawyers - someone will hopefully get back to you but it may not be until tomorrow due to the late hour. Thanks and please do not reply in the meantime