How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10539
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pradeep Chandran .. Issue regarding disqualification of driving

Customer Question

Pradeep Chandran .. Issue regarding disqualification of driving for 02 years due to dangerous driving
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was in court 8 this morning, i had my solicitor as well. I was caught for drink and driving, and for speeding few months ago... But the drink and driving got strike out..but the speeding stayed... the garda said i was speeding about 160-200 speed on motorway , where there is limit of 100..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was disqualified from driving for 02 years this morning. the garda told judge that it was dangerous driving... what is the possibility in appealing it ? is there a good chance that i get away with ban ?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Pradeep, I would certainly suggest you appeal this decision. At the outset, a two year ban is at the high end of the scale in this instance for speeding and dangerous driving. The Judge clearly sought to make an example of you. Upon appeal, you will get this reduced, if not removed altogether. However, you can expect a greater fine if it is removed. The reason for the ban is that once there is a whiff of a person being dangerous upon the road, a judge will view it as his responsibility to remove the person from the road. So you need to get your barrister upon appeal to argue the issue of whether you were a danger on the road or not. Accordingly, I would advise you to instruct your solicitor to enter an appeal and appeal the matter to the Circuit Court.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. I would advise the use of a barrister upon an appeal. The barrister will know the judge better and will be able to handle a plea in mitigation with better effect than your solicitor. it will bring a professionalism to matters and there is a greater possibility of avoiding a ban if you use a professional advocate.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.