How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2245
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I missed a court date driving offence. I was convicted

Customer Question

I missed a court date for a driving offence. I was convicted in my absence.can I appeal it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, on the assumption that it is a district court conviction. You should lodge a notice to appeal with the court office within 14 days of the conviction.If you have gone beyond the 14 days, you must first make an application to the district court for an extension of time for leave to appeal on.
You should also ask the court to fix recognisance so that the conviction from district court is stayed.Your local court office will assist you with the relevant forms. Your local court office will assist you with the relevant forms