How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10540
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am facing a minor drugs charge, Caught in a car but not

Customer Question

I am facing a minor drugs charge
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Caught in a car but not driving the car with 3grams of marujuana
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. If you have no prior criminal convictions, you are likely to get the benefit of the Probation Act if you have been found in possession of 3 grams of marijuana. This type of offence is on the lower end of the scale, so you will not be heavily penalised. However, I would advise you to get a solicitor to represent you to do a good plea in mitigation. Very often the sentence in this type of case depends upon the Defendant presenting themselves well in court and being represented. Otherwise you are likely to get a large fine. So, dress well - put on a suit - and get a solicitor who is experienced in District Court matters. This will ensure you get off lightly.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.