Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

I am facing a minor drugs charge, Caught in a car but not…

Customer Question
I am facing a...

I am facing a minor drugs charge

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Caught in a car but not driving the car with 3grams of marujuana

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/23/2016
Solicitor: Buachaill, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

1. If you have no prior criminal convictions, you are likely to get the benefit of the Probation Act if you have been found in possession of 3 grams of marijuana. This type of offence is on the lower end of the scale, so you will not be heavily penalised. However, I would advise you to get a solicitor to represent you to do a good plea in mitigation. Very often the sentence in this type of case depends upon the Defendant presenting themselves well in court and being represented. Otherwise you are likely to get a large fine. So, dress well - put on a suit - and get a solicitor who is experienced in District Court matters. This will ensure you get off lightly.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.