Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

1. My deceased husband is irish and i am the beneficiary of…

Customer Question
1. My deceased husband is...
1. My deceased husband is irish and i am the beneficiary of his estate. Grant of probate has been issued and my current lawyer is the executor of the will. The issue is that my deceased husband brother has a lawyer who is somehow representing both of us eventough this lawyer is not fhe executor of the will and he is demanding fees for all the work he has done. I beleive he has been giving wrong advice to me and he has misreprsented me and i think a negligence of misrepresentation has occurred. I just want to know that it mentions on the will that the executor shall not charge any fees to me .. is that correct and also can i cease all legal communication with the other lawyer and not pay him because he hasnt done anything and has been lying.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
2/12/2016
Solicitor: Buachaill, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

1. At the outset, you need to realise that you have no obligation to have any lawyer representing you if you don't want them. So quite simply write to this lawyer of your husband's brother and state that they have never represented you and if they don't confirm by return that they have never represented you and will not hold themselves out as representing you, then you will report them for professional misconduct to the Irish Law Society (www.lawsociety.ie). Make clear that they have misrepresented things to you and engaged in nefarious practices which are unbecoming of a solicitor. In this way, you will get rid of this unwanted solicitor. Be aware that the next thing you are going to get from this solicitor is a big bill. So, be prepared for this. So for this reason you should report this solicitor to the Law Society. Cut him off at the knees as what he has done is professional misconduct.

2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.