How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1. My deceased husband is irish and i am the beneficiary of

Customer Question

1. My deceased husband is irish and i am the beneficiary of his estate. Grant of probate has been issued and my current lawyer is the executor of the will. The issue is that my deceased husband brother has a lawyer who is somehow representing both of us eventough this lawyer is not fhe executor of the will and he is demanding fees for all the work he has done. I beleive he has been giving wrong advice to me and he has misreprsented me and i think a negligence of misrepresentation has occurred. I just want to know that it mentions on the will that the executor shall not charge any fees to me .. is that correct and also can i cease all legal communication with the other lawyer and not pay him because he hasnt done anything and has been lying.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. At the outset, you need to realise that you have no obligation to have any lawyer representing you if you don't want them. So quite simply write to this lawyer of your husband's brother and state that they have never represented you and if they don't confirm by return that they have never represented you and will not hold themselves out as representing you, then you will report them for professional misconduct to the Irish Law Society ( Make clear that they have misrepresented things to you and engaged in nefarious practices which are unbecoming of a solicitor. In this way, you will get rid of this unwanted solicitor. Be aware that the next thing you are going to get from this solicitor is a big bill. So, be prepared for this. So for this reason you should report this solicitor to the Law Society. Cut him off at the knees as what he has done is professional misconduct.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.