Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Buachall
, I am separated almost two years. The family…

Customer Question
Hi there Buachall ...

Hi there Buachall

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am separated almost two years. The family home has been sold and the proceeds used to pay off the existing mortgage. The barristers and solicitors took their monies from the same proceeds and now they are reluctant to finish out the work outlined in the Separation Agreement

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
2/2/2016
Solicitor: Buachaill, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

1. What is the issue or question you want answered?

Well, there are several items in the agreement that have not been discharged. Along with that, two documents I never received were Family Home Declaration and Mutual Deeds of Waiver. Nor did I receive any receipts for the clearing of the mortgage etc?
There were also two bank loans my ex had taken out that I foolishly agreed to pay off from the same proceeds but these two loans have not been discharged either and the monies are residing in her solicitors client account
Hello hello...anybody home?
Now I am seeking to buy a new house for myself but wonder about the repercussions?

2. The repurcussions of what? What is the question you want answered?

A. Not having a Deeds of Waiver or a Family Home Declaration.
B. Items in the Separation Agreement that have not been dealt with...as detailed above
I feel I am talking to a machine. This is a waste of my time. Can I have my $18 dollars back please?

3. I still don't understand your question. You started off stating that lawyers weren't interested in completing work on a Separation Agreement. Now you are asking about items you should have got off your own solicitors.

This is a complete waste of time. Please return my $18....thank you
Ronan
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor