How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2245
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, I am separated almost two years. The family

Customer Question

Hi there Buachall
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am separated almost two years. The family home has been sold and the proceeds used to pay off the existing mortgage. The barristers and solicitors took their monies from the same proceeds and now they are reluctant to finish out the work outlined in the Separation Agreement
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. What is the issue or question you want answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, there are several items in the agreement that have not been discharged. Along with that, two documents I never received were Family Home Declaration and Mutual Deeds of Waiver. Nor did I receive any receipts for the clearing of the mortgage etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were also two bank loans my ex had taken out that I foolishly agreed to pay off from the same proceeds but these two loans have not been discharged either and the monies are residing in her solicitors client account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello hello...anybody home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I am seeking to buy a new house for myself but wonder about the repercussions?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. The repurcussions of what? What is the question you want answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A. Not having a Deeds of Waiver or a Family Home Declaration.
B. Items in the Separation Agreement that have not been dealt detailed above
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel I am talking to a machine. This is a waste of my time. Can I have my $18 dollars back please?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. I still don't understand your question. You started off stating that lawyers weren't interested in completing work on a Separation Agreement. Now you are asking about items you should have got off your own solicitors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a complete waste of time. Please return my $18....thank you