Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

About 13 years ago, a summons was issued to me. I did not

Customer Question

About 13 years ago, a summons was issued to me. I did not receive it and therefore did not attend the court. It was a minor traffic offence. Can I now be arrested for this? Could a bench warrant have been issued for me?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today, I applied for a police certificate for a visa which you can get form the local station. A guard called me after and asked if I had lived in the place this took place 18 years ago. I panicked and said no.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, 13 years ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

A bench warrant could not be issued for you unless the summons had been properly served on you. If a summons does exsited and was to be served on you at this stage. The judge will most likely strike the matter out for delay on the part of the State