How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10535
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** i'm a irish citizen 49years. I met a

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** i'm a irish citizen 49years. I met a girl some years ago in Kiev when out in holidays ..She lives in Luhansk Ukraine which is occupied her village gets bombed every day. she was married but lost husband in the war . i am trying to bring her to Ireland to marry and have kids . she has her international passport .she went to embassy who sent her to Kiev for visa they sent her back with more papers to embassy .Every time she phones they tell her to phone next week this is going on three months . last time she phoned they said it was pending. Where do i go from home and business is in Donegal where she will live and work with me .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Hello, I would advise you to go to the Ukraine and get married there. This is because the general rule for your girlfriend to get a visa to live and work in Ireland is that she must have been in a two year subsisting relationship with you. As she has only been a year since her husband died, I would advise you to get married in the Ukraine and then bring her to Ireland with you. I know this is probably not what you want. However, this is the best course from a visa point of view. Otherwise, the visa application might be rejected. However, do be aware that these visa applications are slow because the INIS is under resourced.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please RATE the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question so there is no incentive to answer any further Questions.