How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2245
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a statement to gardai reguarding stolen motorcycle

Customer Question

Hi i made a statement to gardai reguarding stolen motorcycle parts beloging to me and now it turns out that the ppl that had them are very dangerous can i withdraw my statement ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

You can retract your statement and refuse to evidence at trial. You can make an additional statement. And you can indicate this is to the Gardai. The gardai can still subpoenae you to court if they so wish, but generally they won't bother