How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10623
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got notice from the department of agriculture appeals

Customer Question

I got notice from the department of agriculture appeals office in august 2010 that they were upholding the decision of department of agriculture on 16/11/09 not to pay me my 2008 payment . When am I statute barred and what do I need to do immediately to stop the clock as
I believe they are unlawfully in stopping my payment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. You need to get legal proceedings issued immediately if you have not already done so. The time limit for initiating legal proceedings runs out six years after the date of the decision,namely on 16th November, 2015. So get legal proceedings issued as a matter of urgency. Otherwise, your claim will die a death.