How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2235
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have separated from partner, have property in France with

Customer Question

Have separated from partner, have property in France with both our names on it and now require to get his name legally off the property as that is the separation agreement we have made. Is this possible to do and is it very complicated and expensive?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  EULawyer replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your question. In order to answer you, I will need the following information:

1. What kind of 'partner' we are talking of? Civil partner, or marriage, or simple cohabitation?

2. What kind of 'separation agreement' did you make? Is it embodied in a court or notary document, or is it a document made by the two of you (and / or with a solicitor)?

3. Please confirm that the separation happened in Ireland under Irish law.

Your desired outcome (removing his name from the land and building registry) is possible in any case. But depending on your answers, I will be able to give you the exact procedure for it.


Dr Ioan-Luca Vlad