Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

Fathers car had an fake/ invalid NCT disc the garda stopped

Customer Question

Hi Fathers car had an fake/ invalid NCT disc the garda stopped me brought me to court they fined me 500 euro will it appear on garda clearance cert
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it will appear on Garda Vetting form. It should not however cause you any great problem as it is simply a road traffic conviction

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the reply how long does it stay on your record in light of (Spent Convictions) Bill 2012
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

The Spent Convictions Bill is only a bill and has not be signed into Law or indeed passed through both Houses of the Oireachtas. Frances Fitzgerald hopes to have in enshrined in law by this summer however. In March 2014, an Administrative Filter for Garda Vetting Disclosures was introduced which provides that certain minor offences over seven years old need no longer be disclosed. It applies to all convictions received in district courts for motoring offences