How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 34106
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner of 11 years has ended the relationship. I bought

Customer Question

Hi there. My partner of 11 years has ended the relationship. I bought him a car and have proof that I paid for it. I did let him register it in his name. Have I any recourse in getting the vehicle back from him.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Was the car given as a gift?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not as a gift. I took the finance out because he would not have been able to secure any.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Is the finance still in place

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I paid it off in full when we moved from the uk to Ireland. The finance was agreed in uk and the car was from the uk originally.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you both now resident in Ireland?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are both resident in Ireland.
I have all the paperwork from finance agreement and proof that I have paid for the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting for a response to my last comment. It's been over 24 hours now. Thankyou