How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2244
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does one get a barring order or similar from a husband

Customer Question

How does one get a barring order or similar from a husband alcoholic and drug user to keep him from entering the family home
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also disruptive to two teenage children
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

In order to be obtain a protection order or barring order, you will need show the court that the safety or welfare of the applicant/dependent person is reasoable risk by the behaviour of your spouse. The fact that he is an alcoholic/drug user may not necessarily be sufficient

To obtain an order, you will need to attend your local district Court and swear an information before a Judge. If the judge is satisfied with this, they will grant an ex-parte interim protection order until such time as the substantive case can be heard. Your spouse will then be given an opportunity to defend the case on the next date.

You should contact your Local District Court office to assist you in making the application for a initial protection order