How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2245
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced since 2011 and pay €110 pw to my ex. I retired

Customer Question

i am divorced since 2011 and pay €110 pw to my ex. I retired in 2009 and now find it hard to live as i remarried. i want to appeal this order but cannot afford a solicitor
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 2 years ago.

You may come within the means test for Legal Aid assistance. You should contact the Legal Aid Board in your local area and ask them to have you assess you for the purposes of getting you Free legal Aid

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My pension is over the threshold for free legal aid. What forms do i require to file an appeal myself and also to who do i send the appeal to?
Expert:  Ronan replied 2 years ago.

There are no forms. You will have draft a notice of motion and grounding affidavit. The courts website will be able to assist you. You will need to serve it on your ex wife and file papers with the courts office