John Quirke, Esq
John Quirke, Esq,
Experience:  Barrister at Law at Self Employed
26572685

I bought some land with two old houses on it . The owner never

Customer Question

I bought some land with two old houses on it . The owner never had a will made the land was auctioned . There are two turf banks used by the previous owner and they're been cut by a neighbour and nephew of the deceased. Have I rights to these banks as I purchased the estate that was in probate
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  John Quirke, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Your question does not explain where the turf banks are or whether you purchased them with the land? if the Turf banks are part of the land you purchased this will be clearly defined in the title deeds and the solicitor you used for the purchased would be able to tell you whether you own the banks and secondly, whether any other parties have any rights to cut turf from them. without knowing anything about the purchase or what was agreed to it is not possable to answer this question with any greater degree of specificity. If you used a solicitor to help with the purchase he will be able to tell you, otherwise you should examine title documentation to find the answer. The fact that the previous owner died intestate has no relevance that i can see from the limited information you have provided. I hope this is of some assistance to you Kind Regards ***** *****