Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I divorced my ex-wife 2.5 years ago and we recently jointly

Customer Question

I divorced my ex-wife 2.5 years ago and we recently jointly revised our consent order so that I took full title on a-yet-to-be-sold shared property and under the section. return the 'Maintenance for respondent' was extended so that I continued payments for a further 2 years.
She recently died. What is the position respect to my obligations to her estate, for maintenance that has yet to be paid to her. Obviously in the agreement these two items notionally offset each other in value though it was not a payment plan for the property but very specifically and extension of maintenance beyond the original end date. Thank you!
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did you actually formally vary the order and have it sealed by the Court?
Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare, Yes we did it reads as follows, we signed it and the Court sealed it.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Hi
This appears to bean Irish Order - so I shall opt out and move it to the appropriate section!
Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks actually Bermuda. But basically follows British Law, sorry should have been more clear at the outset.