How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in Ireland since 2006 until 2011 with student visa

Customer Question

I have been in Ireland since 2006 until 2011 with student visa ,from 2011 I have been undocumented until today , I have a relationship with a Portuguese national since 2007 until now, we live together since 2013. she works in Ireland since 1997. can I apply for stamp 4? could u explain what can I do? I heard many ppl were illegal for many years, they become legal just because they live in this country for many years, in my case I live here for 9 years and I have a European partner who live and work in Ireland . thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
by the way, I read something called:Migrant Earned Regularisation Bill 2015" aims to grant residency to 30 000 illegal immigrants living in Ireland. am I entitled to b granted with this regulation, please could u tell me what to do. thanks
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. You will be able to apply for a valid visa to live and work in Ireland on the basis of your relationship with your Portuguese partner. Basically, once you have a two year subsisting relationship whereby you have been living together, you can apply in the same way a spouse or partner would apply for a Fam 4 visa. Then, after living in Ireland for another three years, you will be able to apply for permanent residency and an Irish passport should you so wish. You should make this application to the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service. Go to where you will find the necessary forms to fill in. However, be aware that time spent living Illegally in Ireland will not help you when it comes to gaining a visa. Only time spent legally in Ireland will help you when seeking to obtain permanent residency. This new 2015 Bill is seeking to regularise the status of the illegal immigrants living in Ireland who have been here working for a number of years. However, there is no guarantee that it will ever be passed. So I would advise you to seek to regularise your position in the meantime and use your relationship with your Portuguese partner to regularise your situation in Ireland. Best Wishes.