Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I made a request for information pertaining to myself from

Customer Question

I made a request for information pertaining to myself from a public body. I had applied to the public body initially, who after months of not replying submitted blacked out information. and even refused to supply information pertinent to myself that would not identify individuals. The main reason for refusal was that no third party information whatsoever would be shared.
In December 2012 I applied for the same information under the data protection legislation (Ireland) To date the office of the data protection commissioner state that they have written to the body in question, and quote third party rule etc. The office of the data commissioner state that I can appeal under section 26 data protection act. to the circuit court. ( appealing under decision of data protection commissioner)

What is the exact process for this. i.e. the form that I need to complete. etc.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. The application to the Circuit court does not have any form for application as it is essentially a legal action. Accordingly, to issue the proceedings I would advise you to get a solicitor to do this on your behalf. Any solicitor will be able to help you. If you want to do it yourself, i don't know of any precedent which is available to the public. Accordingly, you should seek help in the free independent legal centres known as FLAC. Go to www.flac.ie where you will find a list of centres around Ireland. Go to the one nearest to you and you will get an appointment with a lawyer who will be able to help you with the making of the application.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

JACUSTOMER-ucx67et4- :

You did not answer my question. can I have my money back

JACUSTOMER-ucx67et4- :

Im representing myself. Do I just state what has happened, which law applies, sec 26 data protection act, start in the district court first, issue summons etc?

Buachaill :

2. You don't start in the District court and you don't issue a Summons. You have to start in the Circuit Court and issue a Civil Bill. I would advise you again to get some help as you don't know what you are doing. That is why I recommended FLAC to you. It is free!! Not every question has an easy answer. Most people would not attempt some medical procedure upon themselves. Being a lawyer is no different. However, you can draft the Summons in whatever way you want. But you should realise before you start that "A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client".

Buachaill :

Please ReRATE the Answer