How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on the dole getting a very small amount and I want to

This answer was rated:

I am on the dole getting a very small amount and I want to become self employed I rang dole office and they said its to do with the tax man? I thought they provide back to work enterprise allowance and if I register with tax man will I lose my dole, what are my options
To become self employed you need to register that fact with the Revenue commissioner and make annual returns yourself.

IF you have been unemployed for 12 months. Then yes your are entitled to apply to the Dept of Social Protection for a Back to Work Enterprise Allowance. This will give you an allowance of €188.00 for the first 12 months and a protion of that for the 2nd twelve months

You will not loss your payment and your allowance will be tax free. However you will be liable for tax on your other income
Ronan and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you