How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10525
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question relates to Irish Building Control Legislation. What

This answer was rated:

My question relates to Irish Building Control Legislation.
What works can a developer legitimately commence/carry out prior to the serving of a commencement notice. I understand it is permissible to carry out 'enabeling' works.
If so, could define what might constitute enabeling works.
1. "Enabling works" are works preparatory to the commencement of works pursuant to planning permission or emergency or necessitated works to prevent the building falling or falling into a state of disrepair. The most common enabling works are knocking in an entrance in an exterior wall or, or putting up supports for a building facade which has to be retained. However, you need to issue a commencement notice if you are starting works pursuant to planning permission. Be aware that it is also important to serve a commencement notice in order to get the benefit of any insurance policy taken out in relation to the works. Accordingly, if you are a builder, you should always serve a commencement notice before arriving on site. Otherwise, if an accident occurs, you may not be covered. Best practice is that the architect normally issues a Commencement Notice before inviting the builder onto site.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
I also answered 3 other Questions for you previously in relation to the Building Regulations. Please REFER and RATE positively
Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you