Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland Law Questions Answered by Experts

Republic of Ireland Law

My question relates to Irish Building Control Regulations. Having

My question relates to Irish...
My question relates to Irish Building Control Regulations.
Having regard to current Building Control Regulations are there instances or circumstances whereby develoment or works assessed to require a Fire Safety Certificate may not require a Disability Access Certificate or conversely, where development or works assessed to require a DAC may not require a FSC?
6/13/2013
Fran-mod
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Hi Fran
Thank you for your message. I can confirm that i haven't, as yet received an answer to my question & that I am happy to continue waiting.
Thanks for the prompt reply. We will search for a professional for you.
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
1. At the outset, the regimes in relation to disability and fire are separate regimes in Ireland. Accordingly, there are many instances where a DAC may be required in relation to a building but not a Fire Safety Certificate (FSC). It just depends on the requirements of the building. For example an industrial building such as a warehouse will not require a DAC but will require a FSC. So the two regimes are different. However, where human habitation is concerned, there will be substantial overlap and each separate regime will apply with its own flaws and advantages.
2. You should also realise that qualitatively there are important differences between the two regimes. Disability requires a building to have regard to people who are disabled, so issues such as access & parking and widened doors & toilets are important. Fire raises issues of egress from buildings in times of emergencies and doors and walls which prevent the fire spreading throughout a building. So the issues each relate to are very different.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer
Buachaill
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer