How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10623
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A relative discovered a while ago when he went to get a birth

This answer was rated:

A relative discovered a while ago when he went to get a birth certificate that there is a different first name on his birth certificate than the name he has been using all along for everything - baptism, school, marriage, jobs, stamp contributions, on the house he owns, on his bank accounts and the pension he now gets. He was never told that a different first name had been registered on his birth certificate. What are the consequences of having a different first name on a birth certificate than has been used on everything else? What can he now do to rectify this? Will this be an easy task? Or will the fact that he has been known by the name he has used for so long be sufficient? Thanks.

Buachaill : 1. The simple solution to this conundrum is for the relative to simply change his first name by Deed Poll to the name he has been using all his life. This immediately validates all the use of the name to date. Changing your name by Deed Poll is a simply process which costs about €150 and is done through the Central Office of the High Court in the Four courts complex. An affidavit has to be completed and the Deed registered in the High Court. This immediately validates everything which has gone before and allows the relative to continue using the name he has used all his life.
Buachaill : Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you