How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2255
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A person receives a summons for a minor road traffic violation

This answer was rated:

A person receives a summons for a minor road traffic violation while he is out of the country, does not attend court and is convicted in absentia - can that conviction be appealed?
Yes, it can be appealed to the Circuit Court on either conviction or severity of sentence or both.

The appeal must be lodged with the Circuit Court office within 14 days of the conviction. Alternatively, you will need to apply to the District Court for an extension of time

Ronan and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you