How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10621
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wife changing locks on house. What should I do?

Customer Question

Wife changing locks on house. What should I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. The answer to this question depends on who is the registered owner of the house? If you answer this Question I can give you a definitive answer. If you are joint owners, then one co-owner cannot lawfully exclude the other from the house unless a court grants a Safety (barring) order. Similarly if you are the registered owner your wife cannot exclude you from your own home unless there is a Safety order put in place. However, if the house is registered in your wife's sole name, then she can exclude you from the house at will. In this circumstance, you will need to prepare alternative accommodation to which you can move. Otherwise, the issue of where the parties will live is normally dealt with in the course of separation or divorce proceedings.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that i may get paid

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Answer took 29 hours!
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
That is not correct. If you look at the time when the Question was filed 2.43pm on 26th May and the time it was answered 8.06pm on 26th May, it was just over five hours after which it was answered.
Please RERATE the Answer positively