How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cmcsolicitor Your Own Question
cmcsolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 157
Experience:  and Mediator practicing in Cork, Ireland.
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
cmcsolicitor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have mortgages with various banksto stop or slow down the

This answer was rated:

i have mortgages with various banks
to stop or slow down the banks ability to repossess the properties can i set up a trust in my childrens names to own the property

cmcsolicitor : Doing that will not make any difference.
cmcsolicitor : There are provisions to ensure that any such attempt would be overturned because it was done to avoid a judgement.
cmcsolicitor : In addition, it would show extremely bad faith and it would put you on the back foot in coming before any judge.
cmcsolicitor : It would be much more effective to seek to deal with the banks in good faith. Attempts to repossess have been overturned where the banks have failed to treat people reasonably and according to the code of conduct for banks, which is here:
cmcsolicitor : In fact, not only would doing what you suggest not be effective, it would make a difference in fact, as attempting to evade a judgement rather than dealing with your situation in a reasonable way would put you at a significant disadvantage if the matter comes before a court.
cmcsolicitor : I realise that this may not have been the answer that you were hoping for, but I would caution you very strongly against doing what you suggest.
cmcsolicitor : Please rate my answer positively so that I will be paid.
cmcsolicitor and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you