Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

court summons

Customer Question

my wife sold her car last november 2012,the change of ownership form (tax book) was filled out and posted the same day.The guards came today (20/05/13) with a summons to court for a speeding offence that occurred on the 24th of december 2012.today was the first she heard anything about this.The court is in Limerick we are from Galway (where the person she sold the car is from!) on June 11th.she rang the department in shannon and they are sending up a letter to prove she no longer owned the car when offence occurred.Is there any way she does'nt have to go to court? she is due our first child the same week that the court case is on.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!