How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cmcsolicitor Your Own Question
cmcsolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 157
Experience:  and Mediator practicing in Cork, Ireland.
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
cmcsolicitor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been helping my financially irresponsible sister pay

This answer was rated:

I have been helping my financially irresponsible sister pay her mortgage plus giving her extra for living expenses, So far the agreement is verbal , effectively the property will be mine when she and her husband die.Despite her dire circumstances she is quite reckless with money & seems to be indifferent with her head in the sand about her circumstances. She is in her late sixties & I will be paying the mortgage for the next 27years. Any practical advice as I know I really have to make this agreement legal? I am financially very stable but still feel I might just have made a very big error in offering to help her when she was desperate.

cmcsolicitor : You will need to have the property transferred into your name in order to ensure that you become the owner on your sister's death. If the property is held in the joint names of your sister, her husband, and you, then the last surviving of the three will become the sole owner by survirorship.
cmcsolicitor and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you
I see that you have rated my answer as "OK". If you require any further information or if you feel that I have not answered your question fully, do please let me know.