How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my asbestos related disease is plueral thickening and I have

Customer Question

my asbestos related disease is plueral thickening and I have just left it too late i think to claim compensation - i am just outside the 3 year limit (had the wrong advice from my doctor in 2009). Is there any point in trying to find a solicitor to take on my case. Thank you. JN


I have
pleural thickening and left it too late I think to claim compensation from
London Boro Council. Diagnosed in 2009 and applied this year. Got 45%
disablement pension from DWP £79/00 per week but advised to go for
compensation. Is it worth me trying another solicitor (just been turned
down by one) as it is over the three year period. I now live i n Ireland
but the company I worked for was in London (over 30 years) where I got the
asbestos based problem) 

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am happy to wait. I might add that it is not solely a Republic of Ireland question. I worked for London boro of Lambeth London where I contracted pleural thickening and asbestos related diseases. I NOW HAVE RETIRED TO THE ROI (my original home) althojugh Ilived In UK for 40 yhears. I worked for Lambeth for 30 years first as a carpenter and then Senior Clerk of Works within their building/maintence dept. I just want to know if being diagnosed in 2009 with said diseases should I continue to look for a solicitor who would take on my case. (Three years is the cut off point I have been told to apply). Im afraid I got bad advice in Ireland by a doctor saying 'its too much hassle trying to get a claim in' its just not worth it!! and then in 2011 when I was being treated for COPD a respiratory doctor told me I should claim from the company. And this is where I am at now. Thanks for your help. J Nolan

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on a professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Its not strictly a Republic of Ireland question - I worked in London (London borough of Lambeth) for 30 years where I contacted the pleural and asbestos related disease. I now live in ROI since i retired. JN

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

Your question is open to all Ireland and UK legal professionals.

Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes please refund the money. Its probably an unusal question. I will use you again if need be. Thank you JN