How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Lawyer
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10537
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am on eu 4 family in Ireland do I get have trouble to

Customer Question

If I am on eu 4 family in Ireland
do I get have trouble to get citizenship after 5 years or is it easy?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
Buachaill :

1. Once you have been in Ireland lawfully for a continuous period of five years, then you will get permanent residency and you will be able to apply for citizenship. There is no great trouble involved. However, an application for citizenship typically takes 9-12 months to process. However, during this time, you will have the right to permanent residence in Ireland as will any dependent spouse or children. Go to the website of the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service at where you will find details of how to make your application and the forms to fill in. The process is pretty straightforward and you can handle it yourself.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Customer :

Hi thanks for your answer but that is not the question i paid for , i am new in this website this is the question

Customer :

I am planning to Inform Justice that my spouse her job is over while waiting another job I am scared to loose my EU4FAM it is still valid for 4 years
Do I need to update the DOJ , I am having a good job do I risk to loose my card?

Customer :

Let me reformulate well:

Customer :

My spouse is an EU citizen , i got the EU4FAM because she is excercising her right . Now after a year she is losing her job. So it is not about me but her. while she is having some incomes from her country and i am working . Well do i lose the residence card if the EU dept in Ireland knows she is no more excercising her right? after the 5 years can i apply for a new stamp EU4FAM?

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please can you cancel them , but remember i have paid in cash 30 $ for this, as the information is urgent i will look for lawyer office nearby