Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
33511193

I have a wooden fence between my property and my neighbours

I have a wooden fence between my property and my neighbours (on 3 sides) at the rear of the house. The fence is in poor condition and has not been painted in a long time (over 7 years). Recently the fence has started to seperate and small holes are appearing. I rent the property and the tenants want this repaired as the nieghbour has a large dog and they are afraid for their children. My question is, who should bear responsibility for the reapir and costs?
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yeah i can wait a bit longer, thanks.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy

It s a party/party boundary and if you wish to repair it, you will have to carry the cost of this unless you can reach an arrangement with your neighbour
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi many thanks for your reply, just one final clarification, do I need to contact the other neighbor and organize the works, even if I am going to pay for the repairs?

No necessarily but it's probably advisable
Ronan, Solicitor
Experience: B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years