How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cmcsolicitor Your Own Question
cmcsolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 157
Experience:  and Mediator practicing in Cork, Ireland.
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
cmcsolicitor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should I have a solicitor represent my son for possession of

This answer was rated:

Should I have a solicitor represent my son for possession of small amount of cannabis in court. He is a 3rd level student in 2nd year with no previous offences. I am worried that he may get a criminal record which will have huge implications for his future.

Unfortunately the case is on Wed 10th April 2013. I am very worried and upset I've no idea what to do

cmcsolicitor :

I would say that it would be a very good idea to have a solicitor deal with this. S/he will explain that your son is not a repeat offender, that he is studying, that his prospects would be affected etc. S/he will also have a word with the Garda who will be testifying for the state as well, to make sure that s/he is on board. All your son will have to do is turn up looking clean and presentable and say that he is sorry. If this is a first offence he should be ok and get off with a warning. It might be a good idea not to take any chances though, and a solicitor who is working in your local Disctict Court every day will do this for a reasonable fee. You could go down there to take a look at some of them in action if you don't know who to ask.

cmcsolicitor and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you