How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Solicitor
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 2255
Experience:  B. Corp Law, Ll.B. Dip Comm Prop. In general practice for more then 6 years
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my solicitor represent me in one matter at the same time

Customer Question

Can my solicitor represent me in one matter at the same time as acting against me in an unrelated case ?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 4 years ago.

No, This would be considered a conflict of interest and should not happen. You should contact your solicitor, (who may not even be aware himself) and advise him of the situation. He will then need to refer one of your case on to a colleague so that he can act for you.