Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland Law Questions Answered by Experts

Republic of Ireland Law

My email was hacked into and certain emails printed off and…

Customer Question
My email was hacked into...
My email was hacked into and certain emails printed off and given to my employers who read them and used the information in them against me so to speak. I need to know if there is anything i can about this? Do i need to prove anything or does the college need to prove that they got them legally?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
1/16/2013
Solicitor: Ronan, Solicitor replied 5 years ago
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Do you know who hacked into your account and was it an employers account? ie A work email??

Yes i know who did it and it was my personel email account.

Have you reported the matter to the gardai??

No as i really didnt think they would do anything. i dont have any proof that he did actually hack into my account.

So how do you know he did hack your accounts
Because he handed emails from my account to my manager. I have never accessed that account using anything other than my phone and I certainly didn't print the emails off! Also aren't the college in the wrong for reading my personnel email regardless if what was in them?
So you have no idea who hacked your account simply that your employer came into possession of them. The college are only wrong if they actively sought to invade your privacy, if they came across this as a matter of chance they are certainly entitled to use them based on the information contained in them

Is there nothing wrong with them even just reading my personel email?

As I said it depends how they came upon it. It may well be the case the some 3rd party hacked your account and left documents where your employer came on them. They are then innocently on notice of their content
Ronan
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor