Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland Law Questions Answered by Experts

Republic of Ireland Law

Hi, I defaulted on a Bank Loan in Ireland around 4 years ago.

Moved country and suspected that...
Hi, I defaulted on a Bank Loan in Ireland around 4 years ago. Moved country and suspected that they were trying to contact me and probably took legal action, what happens if I want to return to Ireland, will my name be blacklisted across all banks?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/15/2013
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor

Ronan : Yes, it will have been registered with the Irish credit bureau . Over 140 lending institutions register information with the ICB, usually on a monthly basis. Each time you apply for credit from one of these lenders, the lender accesses your credit report to find out about your performance under previous credit agreements with other lenders. All loans are registered with the ICB, including instances where you may have missed payments in the past.
Ronan : Under Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, you are entitled to receive a full copy of any data, which is held in your respect on ICB’s Database.ICB have a responsibility to keep your reports confidential, therefore ICB cannot discuss any detail of your credit report including it’s contents over the phone until after you have received your credit report.You must complete an application form to enable ICB to process your request.1.You may complete an application online here»or2.You may download and print the application form here » or3.You may contact » ICB by phone (01)(NNN) NNN-NNNNand request a copy be posted to you.or4.You may enter your name and address here and request » a copy of the form be posted.Please remember to sign your form as it will not be possible for ICB to process forms without your signature.One form should be completed per person.There is a €6.00 fee required per application which can be paid by either Bank Draft or Postal order. This fee must be paid online using your debit or credit card when using the online application form. For credit report applications that are posted to ICB, please remember to include the relevant fee with your application.
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor

How do I get my credit rating in Ireland back to good?

Wait five years

I've lived in the Uk for nearly five years now, will it be wiped when I go back?

Yes it should be. Easiest think to do is contact the credit bureau and take up your rating from them
Ronan
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor