Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Hi Our mother died and left a will leaving the house to me…

Hi Our mother died and left...
Hi
Our mother died and left a will leaving the house to me and my brother. My brother is living in the house and i moved out just two years ago. There is eleven of us in family do they have any rights now? Or does the other brother have more rights than me because he's living in it?
Thanks
1/15/2013
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

Buachaill :

1. At the outset, none of the other siblings in the family now have any rights to the house now it has been left by will to you and your brother. Secondly, your brother does not have any more rights than you simply because he is living in the house. It is now up to you and your brother to decide what you want to do with it, whether it is to live in it or not.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer