Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland Law Questions Answered by Experts

Republic of Ireland Law

i have been let go without warning or notice i have been…

Customer Question
i have been let go...
i have been let go without warning or notice

i have been working for the compagny 4 month i didn t have a contrct even after requesting one a few time

do i have a case for unfair dismisal ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
1/8/2013
Solicitor: Ronan, Solicitor replied 5 years ago
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor

Ronan : No unfortunately not, you do not come within the ambit of the unfair dismissal legislation. you must have at least 12 months' continuous service with your employer in order to bring a claim for unfair dismissal
JACUSTOMER-qz0argfx- :

she hasn t pay me my holliday or my last week wages and she dont have to give me a notice periode ?

Ronan : in relation to them failing to provide you with a contract of employment within 2 months of you commencing employment is in breach of the Minimum notice and terms of employment Act 1994. You could in theory take a claim to the rights commissioner. However any award would be nominal give you short period of employment. Legal fees would most like exceed any award
JACUSTOMER-qz0argfx- :

what about my wages and holliday money ? she has to pay me that no ?

Ronan : You are entitled to a notice period of 1 week in the circumstances however your employer can pay you in lieu
Ronan : The payment of wages Act 1991 requires the payment of wages and holiday pay again you an go to the rights commissioner in relation to this
Ronan : Have you further queries?.
Ronan
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor