Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

I have been seperated from my husband for 4 months , i have…

Customer Question
I have been seperated from...
I have been seperated from my husband for 4 months , i have filed for divorce but he is addament he will not give me a divorce , if i stop now and wait 2 or 5 years what happens if i meet some one in the future will i get done for adultery what is the time bracket?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
1/7/2013
Solicitor: Ronan, Solicitor replied 5 years ago
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
First of all, you cannot divorce your husband at present as you must first be separated for 4 of the last 5 years prior to the application for divorce.

Secondly, divorces in Ireland are done on a no fault basis. They are concerned only with making sufficient provision for all the parties. If you are separated, there is no difficulty in commencing another relationship