Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Im thinking bout emigrating to australia from ireland my partner…

Im thinking bout emigrating to...
Im thinking bout emigrating to australia from ireland my partner is already working over there and has a 2 yr contract , I would like to join him with my daughter from a previous relationship, I have done some homework n gone out there for 6 wks to get a feel for the place n to see bout work, schools, lifestyle. I approched my ex (my child's father) and tried to sit down wiv him n show him d area where I intend to go and schools and activities and d lifestyle our daughter wud have and keep him aware n involved but he would nt discuss or luk and is adamant he wnt allow it which initially is to b expected. If he persists what are mine or his legal rights bearing in mind I want to try keep this amicable and I have offered to get a legal document drawn up to assure him I will return to ireland at least once a yr and that ph calls and skype and letters would nt b a problem . If u could pls advice d best way of solving this matter I cud earn more money n provide a better life for our daughter's future by making this big move.
1/7/2013
Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer

Buachaill :

1. At the outset, I am sure you are aware that you need an Order of the District court to permit you to take the children out of Ireland to Australia without the father's consent. However, in making these orders, courts adopt a robust approach and will generally facilitate the party who is emigrating once the move abroad is bona fide and offers potential advantages for both the mother and the children. Accordingly, I suggest you simply get yourself a solicitor and prepare to make an application seeking permission of the court to take the children to Australia. In preparing for the application, you should compile a dossier outlining the advantages of the move and why it is beneficial for both you and your children. This evidence will be read by the judge in deciding the case, so you should ensure it is persuasive. Ultimately, a court will grant you permission to take the children to Australia if this is the best option.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Buachaill
Buachaill, Lawyer