Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

What is the legal definition of agriculture

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Republic of Ireland Law
1/2/2013
Solicitor: Ronan, Solicitor replied 5 years ago
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
Ronan : In what context. The legal interpretation is the same as the everyday interpretation unless there is a a definition given to it in a certain piece of legislation
JACUSTOMER-ymw0ev8j- :

I have an 'Agricultural' right of way to my farm but not for my allotments. Agriculture is the cultivation of the soil, so shouldn't anyone who cultivates soil for food fodder or fuel be agricultural?

JACUSTOMER-ymw0ev8j- :

To clarify, I was awarded an 'Agricultural Right of way' by the courts, but the judge excluded the allotments. They are an essential part of my farm and income. I am Appealing.

JACUSTOMER-ymw0ev8j- :

I have to go. Please email me the answer.

how are you accessing your allotment

We have 42 allotments and not enough parking except in the farm yard. The agricultural right of way leads to the farm yard.

We can park a few cars outside my house only.

Essentially what you have is a right of way for agricultural purposes only

Yes, but the Judge excluded my allotment growers. According to my 5 dictionaries they say it is the cultivation of the land. How then can he exclude some of my growers? I am in the High Court in the next couple of weeks,representing myself and feel it would be important to have the LEGAL Definition. Can you please give it to me.