Republic of Ireland Law

Republic of Ireland law questions answered by Experts

Can I get a dual Irish passport if I buy a 500,000 Euro pl…

Can I get a dual...
Can I get a dual Irish passport if I buy a 500,000 Euro place?
FredDemarest
10/8/2012
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor
No you will not be entitled to Irish Citizenship merely by virtue of the face that you purchase a property here. You will need to apply for citizen in the normal way either through

Irish citizenship is obtained in different ways. Most Irish citizens get their citizenship through birth or descent. Foreign nationals can apply to become Irish citizens through naturalisation. If you are a foreign national who is either married to an Irish citizen or a civil partner of an Irish citizen, you can apply for Irish citizenship through naturalisation. The residence requirements are more favourable for the spouse or civil partner of an Irish citizen but there is no longer an absolute entitlement to Irish citizenship through marriage.
Ronan
Ronan, Solicitor